Sunday, October 28, 2012

I love Sundays!



Today we had the wonderful opportunity to be able to watch the Calgary Temple Dedication, and I love it so much. I loved the spirit I felt and I love President Monson! It also took me back 2 years when I was living in Hawaii, to the Laie temple rededication, almost this exact same time. I was able to go through the open house numerous times (since it was only a 5 min. walk away!) ,and then be able to clean inside the temple with my ward before it was dedicated, and that was an experience that I will never forget. I love temples so much! Everywhere I go, Hawaii, Mexico, Alberta, they truly are all the House of the Lord, and I am so thankful for them!

Anyhow, going with my last post about my love for pumpkin, yesterday morning I made pumpkin pancakes w/ cinnamon syrup for breakfast (well more like brunch, since I woke up at noon!)


The cinnamon syrup- so easy & fast & SO delicious!

I accidently added 1/4 C. milk to the dry ingredients before I sifted it all together, resulting in lots of lumps of flour, meaning I had to beat them out, and the recipe says to "fold" the ingredients together, but since I had to really over-stir them, they weren't quite as light and fluffy as I'd hoped :(

But w/ a little homemade whipped cream, the end result was still delicious!!

Next Up- Dinner in a Pumpkin, Cream Cheese Pumpkin Rolls, & Pumpkin Butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment